Frank Nealon Boston Tune-Up 15K
Weather: 48F and sunny
CRC was well represented among the crowd of locals at Frank Nealon last week. Our women’s and men’s teams rallied through the hilly course to a strong finish of 7th and 8th place respectively. We were proud to represent our club in this highly competitive field of runners. Check out full results (team and individual) here.
Matt Pennock led the way for our men’s team and Laura Santoski came through for our women’s team, both securing top 20 finishes in their age divisions and top 50 for male overall and female overall results. Karyn Benson crushed it with a 2 minute improvement from last year, followed closely by Meghan Weaver who showed a lot of strength in racing despite an injury. Art Krieg cruised into a top 10 finish in his division. CRC Boston Marathoners Kyle Coffee, Sriram Krishnan, Zoe Reinus, Ray Gonzalez, and Art Krieg tested their speed as they get ready for the big day. And several CRCers earned a 15K PR in their first race at this distance – way to push the limits of familiarity!
Some other memorable race moments and takeaways:
- Some appreciated the course preview video to get more familiar with the route and terrain, though it was a bit odd that cool-downs were restricted to the high school track across the street from the finish line.
- The course was lined with some less common spectators – goat, horse, and peacock sightings around Upton!
- The first place female finisher used to run with CRC – we love to see CRC alums as champs! Even when they wear BAA gear. Way to go Rachel Coogan!
- Shout-out to CRC dads Mr. Hanley and Mr. Meltzer for a strong finish and giving their sons a run for their money.
- We had fun celebrating after the race at the nearby Start Line Brewing Company in Hopkinton.
A tune-up race is an animal of its own – congratulations to everyone who got out there and tested themselves without taper and amid the demands of spring training. Our CRC Boston Marathoners are looking strong and we can’t wait to cheer you all on. Be sure to check out all of our team events around marathon weekend below. Keep an eye out for info on the next race in our 2019 race series, the Run Westfield 5K – America’s fastest 5K – on Saturday, May 18.
Full results are located here: http://www.coolrunning.com/results/19/ma/Mar30_FrankN_set1.shtml.
|Event ▲▼||Runner ▲▼||Time ▲▼||Place ▲▼||Division ▲▼||Division Place ▲▼|